The government has agreed to extend the 50 per cent discount on traffic summonses until March 10, said Home Minister Hishammuddin Hussein.
He said the decision was made after taking into account complaints from motorists, who were not able to settle their dues, to technical glitches and congestion at the counters for the past few days.
There will be no more extension after this and motorists who fail to make use of the opportunity will be blacklisted, he told reporters here today.
A total of 5.5 million summonses were paid during the discount period beginning Aug 12 last year until yesterday, of which 1.5 million summonses were settled in the past week.
Hishammuddin advised traffic offenders not to squander the opportunity to prevent their vehicles from being blacklisted.
He said the extension of the grace period would be closely monitored and those who dispute the validity of the summonses could make appeals by providing evidence to the authorities.