The 16th edition of Le Tour de Langkawi, an internationally-acclaimed cycling tour will return on the 23rd January 2011 to it’s original Grand Departe in Langkawi Island, Malaysia.
Scheduled to run through 10 stages, the race will end on the 1st February 2011, compared to only 7 stages previously.
Returning to Langkawi after an absence of four years, the Tour will be flagged off from Dataran Lang, and ending in Kuah town after a 91.9-kilometer stage throughout the beautiful island.
The previous edition of LTDL as it is fondly known, attained unprecedented success – in terms of excellence in the race organization, as well as the achievement of our National riders taking part in the race.
The new and improved LTDL 2011 will challenge the riders and offer spectators an interesting race to follow – 10 stages spanning a total distance of over 1300 kilometers, starting in Langkawi and ending in Dataran Merdeka, Kuala Lumpur.
Two back-to-back HORS category climbs, one of the toughest challenges on the Tour will offer an opportunity for riders to mount an assault for the jerseys on offer – the first climb to Cameron Highlands in Stage Four, and the iconic Genting Highlands climb the following day in Stage Five.
However, the Malaysian National Team will be given a fighting chance throughout the eight other Stages of the race, which will take place on relatively flat terrain to enable our team to remain competitive, as we currently lack local riders which specializes in hill climbs.
A total of 23 teams is expected to compete in the Tour, comprising of Protour, Pro-Continental, Continental and several choice National teams mounting an assault to win the honors in the race.
Race Route Le Tour de Langkawi 2011:-
1. Sunday, 23 January 2011 | Langkawi | 94.3 km
2. Monday, 24 January 2011 | Kangar to Butterworth | 145.0 km
3. Tuesday, 25 January 2011 | Taiping to Sitiawan | 144.9 km
4. Wednesday, 26 January 2011 | Ayer Tawar to Cameron Highlands | 137.6 km
5. Thursday, 27 January 2011 | Tapah to Genting Highlands | 124.3 km
6. Friday, 28 January 2011 | Rawang to Putrajaya Loop | 107.0 km
7. Saturday, 29 January 2011 | Banting to Tampin | 149.5 km
8. Sunday, 30 January 2011 | Kuala Pilah to Jasin | 156.5 km
9. Monday, 31 January 2011 | Melaka to Nilai | 151.7 km
10. Tuesday, 1 February 2011 | UiTM Shah Alam to Kuala Lumpur Loop | 104.6 km
For more information, please contact as per below address :-
LE TOUR DE LANGKAWI 2011 HEADQUARTER
Level 4, National Aquatic Centre,
National Sports Complex Bukit Jalil,
57700 Sri Petaling, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: +603 8996 4598 Fax: +603 8996 4597
Website : www.ltdl.com.my