Controversial park plan could be amended, says MPSJ president

MPSJ president Adnan Md Ikhsan assured Subang folks that the controversial status of Subang Ria Park in the gazetted Local Draft Plan could be amended should the State Government move to acquire the park.

He was referring to the supplementary table under the Subang Ria Park’s section in the plan, which spells the park as a green lung but reserves 19 acres of it for potential development.

He told Komunitikini that the particular section can be degazetted once the ownership of the park changes hands.

“If the park is taken back by the state, we can degazette the local draft plan and do some changes, no problem about that,” he said after chairing the council’s monthly full board meeting today.

Adnan however, did not wish to comment whether the supplementary table would be used as an asset by Sime Darby to support their appeal suit, which is scheduled for hearing on December 28.

He said MPSJ had previously rejected Sime Darby’s application to sub-divide the park; hence it is up to the appeal board to weight of the controversial table.

Subang Jaya residents were shocked to uncover two documents that were endorsed by the State Planning Committee and MPSJ respectively to reserve 19 acres of the park for development when the residents filed an intervention to Sime Darby’s appeal recently.

The documents had prompted MB Khalid Ibrahim to step in and say that no development on the park would be approved until the park’s valuation report is done.

MPSJ’s valuation report out in January

Meanwhile, MPSJ has been appointed by the State to prepare another valuation report on the Subang Ria Park.

Adnan said the council will construct a more in-depth report  covering the costing of park acquisition, park development and other alternatives.

“We will appoint an independent assessor to do it, and hopefully it will be ready by January,” he said.