The guiding development philosophy of Bhutan is the Gross National Happiness (GNH).
The 4 pillars of GNH are:-
- promotion of sustainable development,
- preservation and promotion of cultural values,
- conservation of the natural environment,
- establishment of good governance.
The Centre for Bhutan Studies defined these four pillars into 8 general contributors to happiness-
- physical, mental and spiritual health;
- social and community vitality;
- cultural vitality;
- living standards;
- good governance;
- and ecological vitality
Video by Lee-Jean, Citizen Journalist