Myvi hotcakes: 31,000 orders within three months

Perodua has received 31,000 orders for its newly-launched Myvi, said Managing Director Aminar Rashid Salleh.

“We’ve already delivered 14,000 units while the rest will be handed to the owners in phases,” he said.

About 8,000 new Myvis are delivered to the owners every month.

The car was launched on June 16, with prices ranging from RM43,900 for the standard manual transmission model and RM57,400 for the elegance automatic transmission on-the-road variant.

Aminar also said the company spent about RM25 million for installation of rear seat belts for Perodua cars including Kancil, Kenari, Kembara, Kelisa and Rusa models.

“We’ve installed rear seat belts in about 40 per cent or 200,000 perodua cars. The other 60 per cent have not come (for installation). The deadline lapses at yeer-end,” he said at the “Perodua With The Community” programme at Perodua head office in Sungai Choh, near Serendah.

Aminar said the rear seat belts could also be installed at all Perodua service centres.

The community programme saw the opening of Perodua’s RM80,000 first bus stop at Sungai Choh by Hulu Selangor member of parliament P. Kamalanathan.

Aminar said the bus stop, adjacent to Perodua’s manufacturing plant, would benefit local residents and students who took buses between Rawang; Sungai Buaya; Bukit Sentosa; Bukit Beruntung and Kuala Lumpur daily.

He said Perodua would work with the district council to identify suitable sites to build bus stops in future.
At the event, Perodua donated RM3,000 each for 13 suraus around the area.

– Bernama