The Shell Eco-marathon challenges college and university student teams from around the world to design, build and test energy efficient vehicles. With annual events in the Americas, Europe and Asia, the winners are the teams that go the farthest distance using the least amount of energy.The event made its Asian debut at the Sepang International Circuit last year and Malaysia is once again privileged to host the Asian leg of this competition from 6-9 Jul 2011. One hundred and seventeen (117) student teams representing 14 countries from across the region will participate. Twenty three teams from 16 universities are from Malaysia.
In the lead up to the July Shell Eco-marathon Asia, Shell Malaysia is hosting a special event to showcase the Malaysian student teams and to provide the media a sneak peak of the student-built vehicles and the opportunity to meet and interview the students.
Anuar Taib, Chairman, Shell Malaysia and YB Datuk Haji Fadillah bin Haji Yusof, Deputy Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation, will also symbolically flag off the student teams representing Malaysia.
Details are as follows:
- Day/Date: Tuesday, 24 May 2011
- Time : 10:30 a.m.
- Venue : Auditorium Cempaka Sari (opposite Palace of Justice) Kompleks Perbadanan Putrajaya, 24, Persiaran Perdana, Precinct 3, Putrajaya
- 10:30 a.m. : Media registration
- 11:00 a.m. : Introduction to Shell Eco-marathon Asia
- 11:15 a.m. : Speech by Anuar Taib, Chairman, Shell Malaysia
- 11:25 a.m. : Speech by YB Datuk Haji Fadillah bin Haji Yusof, Deputy Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation
- 11:35 a.m. : Symbolic flag-off for SEM Asia 2011 Malaysian teams
- 12:00 p.m. : Meeting student teams
- 12:15 p.m. : Lunch / end
Visit http://www.shell.com/ecomarathon to learn more.