Eighteen young women aged from 20 to 25 will compete for the title of Miss Universe Malaysia 2018 at The Majestic Hotel in Kuala Lumpur on Jan 24 next year.
The Top 18 finalists shortlisted after a nation wide search were revealed at a packed press conference held at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur on 11 Oct 2017.
“I’m honoured to have the opportunity to once again guide, mentor and groom these young girls and transform them into strong and confident young women ready to take on the world,” said Datin Elaine Daly, the national director of Miss Universe Malaysia Organisation (MUMO).
She said the journey to the Miss Universe Pageant will not be an easy one as the girls may face challenges along the way and they will need to be prepared physically, mentally and emotionally
The 18 finalists will undergo boot camp where they will be housed at MUMO House for 12 days and undergo extensive training in pageant knowledge, catwalk, grooming, fitness, photo shoots, interviews and styling challenges.
“The competition will be tough and only the strongest in spirit and mind will survive the gruelling week,” she said.
The journey of the 18 finalists will be captured and shown over 20 webisodes in reality series at lifestyle channel www.hurr.tv starting Dec 2017.
The winner will have the chance to travel abroad to represent Malaysia at the Miss Universe pageant. She will also receive a cash prize of RM50,000, sponsored prizes worth over RM150,000 and a full education scholarship from HELP University.
Top 18 Miss Universe Malaysia 2018 finalists (in alphabetical order) are:
- Alexis SueAnn Seow Su-Yin, 22, TV radio host, Selangor
- Asha Kaur Ranjit Singh, 24, dental student, KL
- Charlotte Tan Bee Theng, 24, chemist, Perak
- Charmaine Chew Qi En, 20, pr & mktg student, KL
- Jaipreet Kaur Dhillon, 23, business graduate, KL
- Jane Teoh Jun, 20, accounting & finance student, Penang
- Jasebel Shalani Robert, 22, mass comm student, KL
- Jessy Gantle, 23, human resources administrator, Sarawak
- Kaayathri Pramasivam, 25, assistant pharmacist, KL
- Kirsten Wong Yee Mun, 22, advertising & design student, KL
- Liliana Fernandez, 20, early childhood education student, KL
- Lysandra Gabriel Storie, 20, applied science student, Sarawak
- Maria Devonne Escobia, 24, business admin student, KL
- Mellisa Wong Yi Sheong, 22, medical student, Selangor
- Nathasha Aprilla J.S. Benggon, 23, entrepreneur, Sabah
- Sabrina Thevy Arumugam, 25, veterinary doctor, Selangor
- Shahraswaty a/p Nesaretnam, 21, psychology student, Selangor
- Shannen Jade Totten, 23, model, KL