The Sree Veera Hanuman Temple in Jalan Scott, Brickfields is set to host the longest and biggest ‘Tail Monument Tower’ is South East Asia after the temple completes its renovation process.
The Tail monument will be characterized after Lord Hanuman’s tail, which will also be used to design the temple’s ‘gopuram’.
The temple was supposed to be completed by December this year, but is currently getting delayed as the immigration department is yet to approve visas for artisan workers from India.
The project is being handled by 37-year-old architect Suresh Maniam, who also serves as the temple chairman.
Other facts and information on this new temple:
• Longest Tail Monument Tower in South East Asia- 70 ft tail circling 47 rounds up the ‘gopuram’
• Each interior design carries specific meanings and stories;
• The tail will surround the whole temple and devotees entering the temple be blessed and protected from evil spirits;
• Lord Saniswaran next to Lord Hanuman — Solving many human problems esp for those having sani thosam;
• Lord Siva and Vishnu be together in this Hanuman temple;
• Original in design- no duplication from any other temples;
• It will be opened until 11.00pm, giving devotees ample time to make their prayers.