How do people actually measure a country’s happiness? In Bhutan the guiding development philosophy is the Gross National Happiness (GNH).
The 4 pillars of GNH are:-
- The promotion of sustainable development,
- The preservation and promotion of cultural values,
- The conservation of the natural environment,
- The establishment of good governance.
The Centre for Bhutan Studies defined these four pillars into 8 general contributors to happiness-
- physical, mental and spiritual health;
- social and community vitality;
- cultural vitality;
- living standards;
- good governance;
- and ecological vitality
Video by Lee-Jean, Citizen Journalist