Calling all Penangites! Don’t forget that the Penang Green Expo is on this weekend (22 & 23 Sept) at PISA. There will be lots to see and participate and get involved at the Green Expo.
There are 63 exhibitors from public and private sectors involved in the Green Expo. Beside, creating awareness, the Green Expo hope to create an ideal space for the exchange of information on environmental practices and techniques.
The Green Expo themed ‘Conserving for tomorrow’ and is organized by the Penang Green Council; co-organised by Ezivoucher, The One Academy, JCI, Popular and Penang Photographers Network.
The main highlights of the event in brief are:
- Showcase of Sustainable Livelihoods and Green Office Showcase through a Mock-up house and office designed and built by SP Setia , Launching of Green Office Project,
- 150 mini plants to be distributed every hour
- The first 3R- Recycling Art Award + Auction inMalaysia,
- The first “Trade In Your Ex” Car Boot Barter Trade inMalaysia
- Eco-challenge Treasure Hunt
- Lucky Draw with total prize up to RM40,000, Grand prize is an Electric Scooter
- Tetra Pak special gift redemption with every 10 used Beverage cartoons
- Free Yogathon Challenge conducted by The Art Of Living
- Colouring and Drawing Contest
- To know about water and energy conservation through giant “Snake and Ladder” game for children “
- “I am a Green Moment” photo contest.
The latest announcement from YB Teh Yee Cheu, who is the organizing chairman of the Green Expo, came through his press statement dated 20 Sept., about the photo contest.
The theme of the photo contest is “I am a Green Moment” and is open to anyone who are interested. It is co-organised by Penang Photographers Network Club (PGN), Starbucks and Nikon.
YB Teh, who is also the ADUN for Tanjung Bungah, Penang, in his press statement, informed that the prizes for the winners total to RM9,500, which include 3 Nikon camera sets and Starbucks vouchers.
How do you participate in the contest? You have to be present at the Green Expo to capture the photos. According to YB Teh, the objectives of the photo contest is to promote local photographers who can capture the true ‘Green’ essence during the-two-days event.
The closing date for the contest is 1 Oct. 2012. From 4 October to 18 October, it will be open for Facebook voting and judging by a panel of judges. Winners will be announced on 22 October.
For more information on how to enter and the rules, please visit the contest website or call PGN at 04-6505112.