Out of one hundred students, who was rushed to the Penang Hospital on Saturday due to food poisoning, two has been warded.
The main cause was because of the roti jala in their respective schools, likely to be supplied by the same caterer. The students had also eaten the roti jala for dinner.
According to a report by Astro Awani, Penang Health Department Director Datuk Dr Lailanor Ibrahim said the students were from Sekolah Menengah Teknik (SMT) Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra, Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Agama (SMKA) (P) Al-Mashoor and SMKA (L) Al-Mashoor.
One of the students from a boarding school has felt unwell since Saturday morning and had been suffering from diarrhea until the evening when she decided to go to the doctor.
She said that many of her classmates were also affected by it.
Astro Awani also added that according Dr Lailanor, they only suffered the symptoms of food poisoning like fever, vomiting and diarrhea between 7am until late afternoon yesterday.
A survey found that the affected students were taken to the Penang Hospital in stages and the number of victims was expected to increase.
All news posted on this website are written by Malaysians from all walks of life who are trained by Citizen Journalist Malaysia. If you are passionate about writing, photography or video storytelling and would like to contribute your articles, photographs or videos of events that is happening in your community, please (CLICK HERE)
For more updates, please like us on Facebook